Dual Booting Windows XP And Win 2k Prof
If a system fails, NTFS uses its log file and checkpoint information to restore the consistency of the file system. There is absolutely no problem to doubleor triple boot your machine (given the HCL) with Win2k, WinXP, and Win2003. This issue may occur if you install Windows 95, Windows 98 or Windows Me after you install Windows XP. Select Manual. http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=989738
MenuExperts Exchange Browse BackBrowse Topics Open Questions Open Projects Solutions Members Articles Videos Courses Contribute Products BackProducts Gigs Live Courses Vendor Services Groups Careers Store Headlines Website Testing Tools Ask a For example, if you're using Outlook Express, you'll find that all your mail folders, your Address Book, and configuration settings have been installed in Windows XP Professional's version of Outlook Express. Note: If your system is connected to a Windows 2000 domain, you must use a different computer name for your Windows XP Professional installation than you're using for your Windows 2000
Installing Programs on More Than One Operating System If you are installing programs on more than one operating system, you have to treat each operating system as a separate entity. For example, if you want to use Microsoft Word on the same computer under both Windows 98 and Windows XP, you have to start Windows 98 and install Microsoft Word, and This should Work. 0 Back to top #7 anand55555 anand55555 Advanced Member Members 161 posts Posted 07 March 2005 - 11:47 PM IAM WORKING ON XP. I need a dual both of this machine with Windows 2003 Enterprise Server.
Boot into Win2000. 4. listen to what "ak2k" is recomending you do ... do the second Repair option int he setup ... a fantastic read x You can install more than one operating system on your computer and choose which operating system you want to use every time you start your computer.
Doing so will automatically reboot your system. All rights reserved. From this point on, the installation procedure is pretty clear-cut and you'll progress through it as you normally would. Before You Start: Safety First!
- While you're evaluating Windows XP Professional this is fine.
- To manually edit the boot options file, click Edit .
- For example, if you're computer is named Dragon in your Windows 2000 Professional installation, you might name it Dragon-XP in your Windows XP Professional installation.
- back to the top Specifying the Default Operating System for Startup If you have more than one operating system on your computer, you can set the operating system that you want
- and that will look for the old files and reset them with the ones from the cd.
- Getting a performance boost One advantage of putting each operating system on a separate hard disk is that you can gain a dramatic performance boost by putting each operating system's virtual
- You'll choose drive C, which is the drive containing Windows 2000 Professional.
- and Windows 2003 Server Solved Dual Boot Windows 2000 Prof.
- Install the multiple operating systems into separate volumes, in the following order: MS-DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, and then Windows XP.
- Dismiss Notice TechSpot Forums Forums Software Windows Today's Posts Dual boot - Windows 2000 then XP or otherway Byrapidchase Aug 27, 2010 Post New Reply Hi techie pros, can any one
If you don't want to go the second hard disk route, you can indeed repartition your hard disk and install Windows XP Professional onthe second partition. this contact form Successively insert the other Windows 2000 Setup disks as you're prompted. Follow gemarti's article regarding the installation.. The boot volume is not formatted with the correct file system: If you want create a multiple-boot system by using Windows 95, Windows 98 or Windows Me along with Microsoft Windows
Microsoft strongly recommends that you do not modify the boot options file (Boot.ini), because doing so may render your computer unusable. You have to install Windows XP only after installing MS-DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me to prevent these operating systems from overwriting the Windows XP boot sector and the The NTFS update in Service Pack 5 (SP5) for Windows NT 4.0 is provided only to help you evaluate and upgrade to Windows XP. have a peek here If you want a dual-boot system with only Windows 95, Windows 98 or Windows Me, install Windows 95, Windows 98 or Windows Me, and then install Windows XP.
XP working fine but windows 2000 getting stuck while booting. Windows XP Professional's system requirements call for 1.5 GB of available hard disk space. TechSpot is a registered trademark.
You'll then select the second hard disk that you installed in your system as the location for Windows XP Professional.
After this you can install windows XP, OS what make automatically a boot menu with all existing OS installed, you can pick from menu what OS to boot. Covered by US Patent. Your entire Windows Server will be backed up in one easy step with patented, block-level disk imaging. Copyright 2002 Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, Washington 98052-6399 U.S.A.
When you do, you'll overwrite the Windows XP Professional versions. Select the Display list of operating systems for check box, and then type the number of seconds for which you want the list displayed before the default operating system starts automatically. partitioning When you're setting up a Windows-based dual-boot configuration, you need to have each operating system installed on a separate partition. Check This Out Choosing a file system Another thing you'll want to take into account before you start is the file system you'll use for the Windows XP Professional installation.